Monday, May 24, 2010

Tommy Curry @ The Pig n' Whistle and the Great Apartment Hunt of 2010

This weekend started out at 8PM at the Pig n' Whistle on Hollywood Blvd. My friend Tommy Curry (check him out here).


After a wonderfully folksy set, a few drinks and plenty of back and forth with the enthusiastic audience of about 25, Tommy played his last song (which was featured in his sister's short film) and called it a night.


Mikey and I, however, did not.


To Fiesta we went where we ran into a friend of Mikey's and his friends.


Cut to it being 4 in the morning and I'm finally pulling myself into bed. It was an epic night of too many drinks (I blame you, Jeremy! Sweet Tea Vodka is the death of me).


And then there was the pizza, networking, and hanging out in an apartment talking.


I'd be remiss if I didn't share this story though: Jeremy and I are walking to my car and are stopped by two teenagers (1 male, 1 female). The conversation went something like this:

Teenage Boy: Can we ask you kind of a weird question?
Jeremy: Sure.
Teenage Boy: How much would you pay my friend or I to blow you?
Marcus: Nothing.
Teenage Girl: Okay, what if it wasn't us. How much would you pay someone?
Marcus: Nothing.
Jeremy: I don't know.
Teenage Girl: We asked that other guy over there and he said 60 bucks.
Jeremy: We wouldn't.

And with that we walked away. Did we just get solicited by prostitutes? Because I think we did....

I pulled myself out of bed Saturday morning to begin

The Great Apartment Hunt of 2010.

Here's some pictures of what we found.


Notable highlights:

-Mr. Bess, an elderly landlord who lectured Denny and I on the trouble with America today (it was credit cards)


-A landlord who described the tenants of her building as "kids that belong on a TV show"


-Denny starving
-Passing the Fat Burger on Santa Monica 17 times
-Running around LA with Denny
-The apartment that smelt like cat pee

And this gem, the potential future home of Denny and I....


and that was just Friday and Saturday....

No comments: