Friday, January 21, 2011

IT'S GOT LAVENDER IN IT aka My Triumphant Return to Blogging


I am aware that it has been a good many months since I've last set pen to paper, or rather, finger to keyboard. It isn't so much a matter of not having anything to say, as it is not having the energy to say it. That all changed when I was re-energized by a little cocktail at The Library Bar in the Roosevelt Hotel.


IT'S GOT LAVENDER IN IT!

The Kentucky Bubble Bath - but alas, I'm getting ahead of myself- so let us go back...

Sass and I are obsessed with this bar. Where other bars have a counter top, the Library Bar has a mother fuckin' garden.


Here's one of the bartenders. With his garden. Notice all the fresh fruits, herbs and vegetables? Well they get mixed into drinks. That's right... getting a drink with orange juice? Hold please while he MUDDLES THIS FRESH ORANGE.

This being said - you can't just get a screwdriver. No regular drinks allowed. Here its about flavor. Looking for something savory? sweet? sour? that doesn't start with an "s"?

I came looking for kiwi. I walked in and there was a row of them on the counter/garden and I was like "whoa, hold up. What are you making right now with kiwi?"

Turns out it was a Bourbon/Sage/Kiwi cocktail that had my head a-spinnin'. I don't even drink bourbon and I was in heaven. Not to be outdone by my 3+ ingredient cocktail, Sass orders the Library Bar version of a Bloody Mary. The one that has 17+ ingredients (including hand picked, ripe vine tomatoes squished in the bottom. Squished with love. And care. And vodka).


I'm on a high from this bourbon drink and I want to know what else he can do with this smooth as silk Bulleit Bourbon. Well, he asks - Do you like lavender? I saw yes before I even think what this entails... I mean... I like the smell of lavender. Its a pretty color and the lavender ice cream I had once at Mashti Malone's wasn't bad but....


And by the time my brain got to that point this beauty was sitting in front of me. Its a Kentucky Bubble Bath. Bourbon and Lavender and Cynar all shook up to the point of frothy deliciousness. Sass and I didn't even know what hit us, because mind you, this is lavender from the flower. As in... I'm going to take this flower and put it in your drink. Wrap your mind around THAT.

So delicious. Must go back... I mean... IT'S GOT LAVENDER IN IT.


No comments: