Friday, July 17, 2009

A Weekend in LA [with an under-ager]



So, this past weekend (yes, I realize it's Friday already) I somehow rolled the lucky dice. An entire weekend off of work AND Denny was in town.

Friday: Errands, and lots of them. RKO let me have the afternoon off because they've been working me like a slave.


Then I went to the LACMA with Nora and Matty. Got to see some Warhol and Lichtenstein, so I was happy. The rest wasn't as good as I'd hoped- but it was nice.


Then, picked up Denny at union station. We got beer at Ralph's and chilled in (since under agers are NOT allowed to drink in fun public places, like bars.) Watched The Savages, which I recommend, if only to see Laura Linney say "Big. Red. Pillow." and see Philip Bosco smear shit on the wall.

Saturday: Met my parents for breakfast. They love Denny and would absolutely drive to LA to see him. Oh yeah, I'm here too. Where did we go? Where do you think... Griddle Cafe for giant ass pancakes. I'll never know another breakfast. Then we went to a Verizon store where my dad proceeded to yell at the employees for a good thirty minutes, but all ended well. I got my new baby. I'm like a grown up or something. Then we ventured over to Santa Monica. I hadn't been to the beach all summer. Changed that! It was fantastic. Santa Monica beach was followed by Santa Monica promenade. Good food. Spent too much money on clothes and food and movies. saw Away We Go again. Another recommendation, if only to see an uncomfortable oral sex scene and Allison Janney act crazy [crazier?] Night ends with a wandering up and down Hollywood Blvd. We got invited into a limo. We passed.

Sunday: Lacei joined us! We walked around the Farmer's Market and Hollywood Blvd. Ate amazing salads at Tender Greens, Stared at graffiti [art?] and went to the Grammy Museum.


It was a packed weekend, but definitely a break I needed.

No comments: