Sunday, February 7, 2010

Chicken Soup

Being sick sucks. Being sick 3 times in 2 months sucks more.

But alas, where would I be without the familiar cherry scent of Robitussin or the chalky taste of Sudafed. What would my diet be without chicken soup, hot tea, and smoothies? The soundtrack of my life seems inexplicably empty without the deep throaty coughs that come from my toes.

But there are some things that, no matter how much having a cold sucks, can make it better:

1) Homemade soup. Bonus points if someone comes over and makes it for you.


2) 12+ hours of sleep. Bonus points if it's without waking once.

3) A warm blanket. To help facilitate that 12+ coma.

4) A personal pharmacy. Check my medicine cabinet, if you need it - I have it.

5) Friends. Subject them to your cold! Have them drag you out and force you to have a good
time. The cold will go away, bonus points if the friends don't.


6) Old movies and new movies. Watch a favorite, or rent a new one. Pull yourself out of your world and enter another world for 2ish hours. Its why movies are made.

7) A hot shower or bath. Bonus points if it's a jacuzzi [I need a friend with a jacuzzi.] Hot water does a body great.

8) Getting dressed. Sitting around in pajamas will NOT make you get better any quicker.

Put all 8 in a blender, add vitamin C, and poof! The cure for the common cold.


3 comments:

Julie Boyd said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Julie Boyd said...

Love the pic of all of us.

I hope you are feeling better. = )

Marcus said...

So much better. Still coughing, but I slept for like 20 hours yesterday.