Monday, March 8, 2010

Little Red Lies

Sometimes I lie.

Even that's a lie. I lie a lot.

-"Kevin would love to talk to you. I'll have him return."
-"No, we're not casting for that project right now."
-"Yes, I scheduled that lunch/meeting/conference call."
-"My boss is looking to set up drinks for all the up and comers from Focus Features, RKO, TLC... We'll need a booth."

Okay, so the last one wasn't me, but I certainly was apart of it. Rebecca Banner, to secure a table for her 22nd birthday at Bar Lubitsch, lied. Not a big lie, just a little one. I mean, to be fair, we work or intern at those companies. We just made it sound like the order came from a slightly higher power than our own. It did no one any harm, and we got a sweet booth to celebrate Banner's birthday (not like she remembers it, anyway).



Bar Lubitsch was an amazing venue for her birthday. Tucked away on Santa Monica Blvd, the bar looks normal on the outside.



Inside is like stepping into Nazi Germany. I know, I know - it's a Russian bar, but damn it all, the swastika on the wall made out of sexy can-can legs begged to differ. The bar was int he front, the dance floor in the back. The clientele was too cool to care, so I didn't either. It was fun. The color red was dominant and the stench of vodka, pungent.

Speaking of vodka, the vodka selection here is extensive! If you can name it, there's a vodka here infused with it. Chai infused vodka was a popular choice that night. As was vanilla. I'm not normally a vodka drinker (I had an...."issue" with it in high school) but I decided it'd be wrong to order anything else. I turned to their specialty drinks and picked one at random.

The Ninotchka
-Vanilla Vodka
-Liquid Sugar
-Muddled Strawberries
-Champagne

It was incredible. It won't make a regular vodka drinker out of me, but if you're ever hankering for a crazy atmosphere and a decent vodka cocktail, go! It's a good time.

And that's not a lie.

1 comment: