Monday, March 9, 2009

It's been a while, Hollywood

So let's try this again, shall we? This time I promise to write. Check for updates once a week. They'll be here.

I looked back at some of my older blogs (not that old.. but old enough) to see how much my path has been changing.

The Wes Craven short fell through. They just stopped contacting me and the project slowly rolled to a stop. Nothing I could do about that, so I stick my head up and carry on.

I just wrapped shooting on a short, tentatively titled "Cherry Pie" (yes, after the song)- that I wrote and production designed. I had an amazing key crew with Dobbs behind the camera, and Paula directing. The shoot went alarmingly well, and I'm really excited to get the footage back.
The plan: Write a feature version of the short. Take the short to festivals. Get money. Make the feature (if I'm lucky with Dobbs and Paula). Once we have it edited, the festival submissions start. Wish me luck.

Other news: I'm production designing a modern adaptation of Edgar Allen Poe's "Tell Tale Heart" - I'm really excited and if I have my way it's going to look friggin' sweet. That shoots in April, expect updates.

I've applied to about 6 billion internships for the summer, heres hoping one of them sticks.

forgive my absence. I'm back.

No comments: